* Today the sun was shining bright and hot as hell, but that is good thing. I, for one, will be glad when the whole hurricane season is over (officially November 30). Today was also payday, so everyone was out and about shopping and just enjoying the day. It seems everyone will be out at the some club/bar tonight partying, if all the shopping is any indication.
* Last night the Sports Bar was hopping with many locals and a lot of tourists in town. Very, very festive. Saw some friends who came down for a quick weekend fix. Anyway, was really, really nice. Well, except for a group that seemed to be standoffish and constantly looking like they smelled shit. Oh well.
* I have been reading the many comments and emails from people commenting on my blog entries. I really appreciate all the feedback, even the negative ones. One of the recurring themes that keeps coming up is that because we are gay Black Americans living here that we should all be joining hands and singing kumbaya. Well, unfortunately we are all humans, and as such we all (including me!) have our own idiosyncrasies. Isn't the same drama going in the States? I mean I guess it would be different if all Black people (agencies, politicians, corporate america, etc.) were getting along so well in the States, well let me tell you, THEY ARE NOT! I guess I'm just tired of hearing how we should all just get along here because we are not in the States. Don't get me wrong, I think we should all get along too, but I am only one person and can't make anyone do anything they don't want. It is a two-way street. Right?
* To that end, yesterday a truck pulls up and it is the electric company. They came to check our meters and wanted to go inside the apartments to check things out. It seems that someone made a complaint that I was obtaining electricity fraudently. They checked everything out and we got the all-clear. They saw that our meters weren't working properly and told us that we need to have the technicians come out and fix them. Well, in this country it could take months to get done. So I asked them if they would like to make some extra money when they get off work. They come back, do the work and then tell one of my employees that they have to go look at other businesses in the area. He shows us the paper and the other businesses are on Arzobispo Nouel, Jose Reyes and Palo Hincado. I'm sure it is just a coincidence, but businesses on those streets are Jay-Dee's, The Sports Bar and Parios. Again, I'm sure it is just a coincidence. The Devil is busy, Part II. What was that comment someone made a few weeks ago, always quoting scripture, but a disciple of lucifer. INDEED!
* The local hustler bar has closed. It seems for renovations. So many rumors are swirling around and you just don't know what to believe. I have heard that it will be a invitation-only bar for a V.I.P. clientele. To that end there is supposed to be a party where the French Ambassador is supposed to come. Again, these are just the rumors floating around. I guess we will find out if, and when they open again. I, of course, will keep you posted.