* It has been awhile since I have written anything personal about what is going on here. Right now, things are starting to switch into high-gear because of the Thanksgiving crowd coming. I have been working on my site and trying to get things together with these webcams. I have a great computer guy here, but he is the most unreliable motherfucka you will ever meet. This guy is just brilliant. Taught himself English, computers and everything. If he doesn't know something, he will learn it and come back and teach me. BUT, he will just disappear for days or weeks on end. Then always come back with some bullshit excuse. I feel like a battered wife. I know, I should just leave him, but why do I always come back?...
* The weather here has been really beautiful. It has rained everyday, but for maybe 15 minutes. Then the sun comes back out and it is lovely. Very low humidity and don't need the air-conditioning. Just beautiful. November 30 is the "official" end to the hurricane season, and I (along with everyone else) can't wait.
* This past summer/fall has been pretty slow here for tourists visiting. At least in Santo Domingo. Punta Cana has been doing booming business. Now that it is starting (FINALLY!) to get cold in the States people are now making their plans to come down for a visit. No one thinks about traveling to a warm climate when it warm where you are. It is like seeing sweaters and coats in the windows of Macy's and there is a heatwave going on. No one is buying then. Just wait til it gets cold, and now it is getting cold.
* Mario Sessions is planning his annual birthday party for next March, a week after Dominican Island Heat. For more information check out Mario's site at www.santodomingodirect.com.
* It has been brought to my attention that Ariel, the criminal from several posts down, is very upset with me for putting his photo on the blog. He seems to have been egged on by same "devil worshipping shit starter" who lives here. It seems that there have been some threats made. Now, I don't know what to believe because so many rumors go around all the time. But, I do know this, if anything should happen I know exactly WHO to blame and then it will be ON! I have promised my friends that I was going to try and take the high road, but some motherfuckas just don't get it.
* There have been some recent cases of Malaria reported in the Dominican Republic. There are no reports of any in Santo Domingo, but I just thought you should be aware.For more information: http://www.cdc.gov/travel/other/malaria_recs_dominican_republic_2005.htm