Monday, April 17, 2006

Hola

Miss me?

It has been a while since I posted. This past week was Easter Week (Semana Santa) in the DR and it was very, very quiet. The resorts, beaches and vacation spots were filled with people. There are quite a few people visiting, and several are staying for long periods.

Let's see, what else is going on?

I met a really nice guy who works security in the Casa Cuesta store. Very nice and very attractive. He used to play baseball on one of the farm teams in San Pedro, but he is 22 and doesn't think he will make it to the States. Now he is going to the University to "make a better life for himself." Unfornately, he is TOO nice. No drinking, smoking, etc. Helps take care of his family, yada, yada, yada. As readers of the blog remember, I don't like nice guys. Sick, I know. But I have to be honest.

There was a bodybuilding contest last Sunday. I forgot all about it, but I was able to get some pictures. But, I promised in blood that I wouldn't show them, at least I wouldn't show any of the faces. The photo above is from the contest. It was very nice seeing those beautiful Dominican men, and all the bodies looked "steroid free." One thing is for sure. I will DEFINITELY be at the next one, along with the trusty Olympus camera. Viva La Republica!

I want to thank all those that responded to the post about La Casa Rosada. Many of the comments had some great suggestions and once things settle down from Easter, I will see what more I can do to help. Remember, you don't have to go through me, you can contact the orphanage directly, or go there yourself. I also know of several people who have made very nice donations and would prefer to remain anonymous. Before I wanted to find out who was making donations and taking them supplies. I thought it would be a way to counter any thought that Gays just come here and use up the place without any thought to the country. I know for a fact that is not true. The Reverend Mother knows where the stuff comes from and she has always been gracious and kind to me and everyone I have brought there. That's enough for me.

Now, on to the buggarones. There is one who I wrote about as being a criminal, even put his picture here. His name is Ariel. A couple of weeks ago he was back selling his wares. A faithful blogster saw him talking to an unsuspecting tourist. He was able to speak with him for a minute to warn him about Ariel. The tourist did not take kindly to this interloper getting into his business. The tourist said something to the effect of "you queens need to stop, always trying to cock block. One minute it's scabies, next minute it is something else." Fast forward and the tourist is seen again and is telling all that will listen that yes, she was clipped. If nothing else, if someone came and gave you that warning wouldn't you, AT LEAST, be a little extra-careful?

The hotel under construction on the Parque Independencia is almost completed. They have put their name on the building (Hotel Discovery or Discovery Hotel). Though to me it looks like they still have quite a bit of work to do. I have been trying to get some concrete answers and will keep you informed. Beautiful building and it looks like they have done a great job getting the place together.

Not to be outdone, Casa New Yorker has a special for those who are looking to stay for month. If you pay for 3 weeks, your 4th week is free. Is anyone else offering that type of deal? We think not. Support our only Gay-owned hotel!

For those who know me, you know that I started smoking again after almost 15 years. Well, I have been smoke-free for almost 2 weeks now. Okay, I have had 2 cigarettes in the last 2 weeks. But, God willing, I think I have kicked the habit. Yipee!

I have been informed that the former hustler bar is now a "club" on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This news was given to me by a couple of the performers, in hopes that I would spead the word and tell more people to come by. Okay people, I told you. I'm sure it will be packed this weekend.

Want to learn how not to be the "ugly American" when you travel? Click here to read this article. I thought it was quite funny.

Here is another great article about CEO's who say how you treat a waiter says a lot about your character. I could not agree more. Click here to see the article.

I really don't want to change the comment structure of this blog. And I know that it can be a little tiring reading about my feud with "the one who shall remain nameless." So, if want to attack anyone please do it elsewhere. You can attack me, that is no problem, BUT you can't do it anonymously. All other bullshit will be deleted. PERIOD!

Til next time. I love you'all for loving me.

(I'm keeping the comments closed on this post to keep the drama to a minimum. You can always email me at anthony.montgomery@gmail.com)