Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A while ago I was complaining about the weather. I'm sorry. After talking with folks in the States I can see it is not all that bad here. Actually, the last couple of days would classify as spectacular. Sunny, breezy, with NO humidity. Just lovely!

I have a British gentleman staying with me, and we have just been having some great fun. I have been to the beach this week (twice!) and to some great restaurants. Today I went and got the full tour of the Hilton Hotel. It is really quite nice. I had just been in the lobby previously, but this time I toured the facilities and was really quite impressed. The rooms are to die for, and it is really quiet. With its pool, 24-hour room service, 24-hour gym, oh, and the views from practically every room are breathtaking. And walking around the place I found out I know a couple of people working there. Small world.

If you are looking for a really great restaurant in the Colonial Zone, you must try the restaurant in the Sofitel Nicholas de Ovando, La Residence. It is by far the best restaurant that I have eaten at in the Dominican Republic. I have eaten there twice this week and both times the food and service were impeccable. If you are looking for fine French cuisine in a beautiful and elegant setting I guarantee you won't be disappointed. Oh yeah, it ain't a bad hotel either.

Starting January 23, 2007, all travellers returning from Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean, will need a valid passport to reenter the United States. No more birth certificate or drivers license.

Chachita Rubio's new club is tentatively scheduled to open on Februay 2, 2007. I will pass information on as it becomes available.

Well, that's all that I can think of right now. Checkout the pictures above from the day at the beach in Guayacanes, along with some other stuff.

As ever,
The Monaga Blogger

No comments: