Friday, June 27, 2008

Pride?

One of the blogs I read regularly, Blabbeando, has some photos (and the perspective ain't bad either) of the Gay Pride March that took place here last week. I love the headline, "Dominican Republic: With little notice, pride just happens." That pretty much sums it all up in a nutshell.

What he did find were some video of the parade and of a TV news segment. Credit must be given for putting something like this together. Mocking the Cardinal was pretty ballsy. I just wish I had known about it so that I could have seen it in person. Maybe next year?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well!!!...I'm surprised they were even allowed to do this without a permit. Then on the other hand maybe they would not have been given the permit.In any case it must have taken allot of nerve to pull this off.The Cardinal will definitely have something to say about this; But who cares !!! Anthony...If the Cardinal has any influence with the chief of police...there might not be another one next year...

Anonymous said...

I was sitting at Paco's when the Parade began. I was stunned! The significance of this event cannot be overstated. Gay Domincans demonstrating pride in who they are without fear of retribution or consequence. I could only applaud as I watched!

Blabbeando said...

For those who saw it... how many people would you say participated in the march?

cybergrace said...

How empowering, hurrah!!