Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I Was Lovely, Once


One of the things about having this blog is that I here from some people whom I haven't been in touch with for sometime. One such friend got in touch with me and sent me this picture from 20 years ago.

I look at this picture and can remember exactly where it was taken and what I was doing. I also look at this picture and cringe, because of course I would NEVER wear anything like this now. But hey, this was the 80's, and I was looking good then. The coat was bought at a thrift shop, and I bought the fur pieces from a heroin addict (we called them dope fiends at the time) and sewed them on the collar myself. I remember getting on the front of the subway train and walking to the back just sashaying. Okay, I was 20 years old, and thought I would live forever. Sue me!

Thanks for the photo, Pearl. It really made my day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...you could have been a seamstress. How come you decided to deal with all the drama of being an inkeeper.