Monday, January 08, 2007

Happy Belated New Year!

I know it has been awhile since I have updated. Nothing really going on, just didn't feel like I had much to say.

Okay, here goes ...

Since I last blogged they had lifted the curfew, though it is back on now. That first night (Dec. 23, 2006) I felt like everyone lost their minds. It seemed like old times again. Jay-Dee's and Arena were pumping until the wee hours of the morning. People were going back and forth. The streets of the Colonial Zone were full of people. Alas, it was not meant to last too long. As of January 2, 2007, the curfew is back in force. But boy was it fun while it lasted! The next time curfew will be lifted will be for Carnival and Independence celebrations (end of February).

I didn't go out on New Year's eve. Just wasn't feeling it. For many years now I have not gone out on New Year's eve. Just always wanted to be close to home. I got reports that all the places were very festive and everyone had a great time. A client, James H., had a New Year's dinner @ Camilo House on New Year's day, and it was ggggrrreeeeaaaatttt!!! Many people came over and ate, drank and were merry.

Ran into Chachita Rubio, former co-owner of Rouge, and she told me she needs to talk to me. It seems that the diva is about to open a new club on the Malecon. It is not too far from where the old Atlantis Disco used to be. Once I meet with her I will pass on all the details. I hope to have some photos of the new place soon.

For anyone in town on Thursday, January 18, 2007, Eddie and Samuel would like to extend an invitation to come by and have a drink with them in VIP section of Jay-Dee's. They are celebrating 6 years together.

I hope to blog more in the New Year. In the meantime, here are some other strippers that were recently at Jay-Dee's.

Until soon ...

No comments: