Friday, April 25, 2008

Hiding in Hip Hop

One of Monaga's favorite people, Terrance Dean, is coming out with with his memoir, "Hiding in Hip Hop: On the Down Low in the Entertainment Industry--from Music to Hollywood."

I don't know if Terrance really understands how much his life is going to change after this book comes out. His book is being talked about all over the gossip sites/blogs from straight, gay, and hip hop.

Since last year, when the book was first announced, the speculation had been rampant about what celebrities would be included. As of this writing, the book is at number 885 (!!) on Amazon. And the book doesn't even come out until May 13, 2008. Tons of people are pre-ordering the book and driving the numbers ever upward.

In all honesty, the book is first and foremost a memoir. It is an inspiring story of a life lived, with plenty more to go. It's about what we all have to go through to become who we are. It just happens to be a coincidence that he was also an executive at MTV and privy to much of the inner-workings of the secret and very closeted gay sub-culture in the entertainment industry.

Congratulations, Terrance!!!!!!!

Now, don't forget about us little people. If this buzz keeps up you might have a New York Times bestseller.

My fingers sure are crossed.

8 comments:

CASKET SHARP said...

nice! way to go Terrance!

John K said...

This is great news! Congratulations to Terrance, and I'll definitely be picking up a copy!

Anonymous said...

Just ordered a copy on Amazon. Ant can you get my copy autographed? LOL.

Anonymous said...

I am going to order a copy now...by the time it comes out and is delievered, I will be back in the DR and it will make great reading between "guests".

Bernie said...

The first rapper to criticize the book will be the one to keep an eye on.

Anonymous said...

Maybe he should'nt name names. Those hip hop children don't read when they are pissed... THEY SHOOT!!

Paul said...

Even my straight friends think 50cent is gay. I don't have a clue since I don't really listen to his music.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if he will in fact list names, or just provide stories of his interacations with celebrities, without leaving their names. That's my biggest question about the book. At any rate, I'm glad to see a brother doing his thing.